Monday, June 21, 2010

Thrift store therapy


I think my kids have come to love thrift and antique stores as much as I do!
{especially my son, William}  He is always happy to join me on the hunt for cool treasures.  I love that he appreciates things that have a history and the people who owned them.



It has been a fun summer doing all the things we love - including some thrift store therapy!
Here are some finds on a recent junkin' jaunt to various thrift stores.


This is my first piece of jadeite - a simple square dish.  I am not sure what I am going to use this sweet one for yet.  I love all of the sewing bits!


Check out the french gentleman toothpick holder.  I am definitely using him to store my corsage pins!
The architectural salvage bullseye was pretty neat too!  It makes the perfect base for a glass cloche with whatever treasure you want to display underneath.


Shabby sweet rose dishes with Japan figurine


Hobnail milk glass lamp {swoon!}, crochet potholders and HULL vase {picked for $3!}  I love finding such wonderful deals!


This pic does not do justice for the brilliant blue of these crinkle patent slingback flats.  The best part - they are brand new and never worn!!


La Mode picture.  I guess you could say I am becoming a collector of these.  I have a few in my bathroom.  Something about vintage fashion is so inspiring to me.
{I am thinking of painting the frame white}
 

This old Rx bottle is the perfect canvas for an embellished bottle project.  I have been collecting a few of these for one of those girlfriend craft sessions.


I would love to hear about your favorite thrift store finds!
See you on the junkin' trail Sugah!

xo's Heidi

7 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

great finds! i love how your son enjoys going treasure hunting with you. he's such a cutie!

Tracy B said...

Love, love, love it all Sugah!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

The little one is going to be a heart-breaker Heidi...just you wait and see!!! He's too cute!

And um...where's your creative space? What's up with that? ;)

I love love LOVE the mannequin...she's fabulous!!!

Now for all your treasures...why do you want to make so freakin' jealous?
I thought you were my friend! ;)

You done good girl :))))

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

You found some really great stuff! A woman after my own heart. My son's name is William too, he's 11. Thanks for sharing my sorority sister! See you soon!

Cat Stegall said...

I love to thrift shop for therapy!

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

You did good Love the thrift shops Laura Q

shannon i olson said...

Great finds, I found a couple vintage purses at garage sales this weekend!!