Thursday, January 6, 2011

Shabby Sweet Sunbonnet Sue

Shabby sweet Sunbonnet Sue stocking!
{say that 5 times fast}

This is the adorable Sunbonnet Sue stocking I received from Cheryl for Joli Paquet's Vintage Stocking swap!
I was blown away by the sunwashed colors and delicate details!  Cheryl has a way of using infusing enchantment into her beautiful creations.


Vintage millinery with a touch of glitter - I think she is trying to make me swoon.


I just love the sweet basket charm she sewed to Sunbonnet Sue's hand!


A sweet rosette with the right amount of bling


I love the layers of lace and taupe pearls droplets - just smitten with the peachy pink roses!
This will be so sweet hanging in my craft room to store vintage paper treats or lace scraps.


As if that didn't drop me to the floor like a feather, Cheryl also included more treasures that made my heart skip a beat, or two, or three, or four.


I cannot begin to tell you how much I was touched by all of the wonderful treasures Cheryl sent.
It was as if she knew exacty what would make my heart go pitter patter.
She REALLY spoiled me - I will not be the same, I will not I tell you! 
 An adorned burlap sack filled to the brim with precious paper treats, ornaments and beloved baubles.


A shabbilicious cuff with soft crochet lace and rosettes.


Here is another pic of the adorned burlap sack.
Isn't the vintage pin with creamy bead the cat's pa-jams?
And hand dyed lace too people! It makes smile just to look at it!



Lucious trims, millinery, crochet pinned with blingy pearl pins on a vintage bobbin.
Oh, gosh!  Let me just lay my cheek against it and sigh.



Shut - the -  front - door!
Isn't this the cutest container for treats?!
Let's take a look inside . . .


A sweet cherub {Cheryl}, vintage wallpaper treats, a sweet looking glass with ribbon and more enchanting baubles!


She must have known she would make me faint.
- a bag filled with vintage millinery complete with clip on earring as a closure.
Then the most adorable ornament in creamy colors and silk ribbon.
{Yep, I fainted, hit the floor in a vintage treat induced coma}


Mr. Glittery Reindeer with millinery won my heart.
Rolls of vintage wallpaper tied with ribbon and a sweet wedding bell.


Cheryl, I cannot thank you enough for such thoughtful and dear treasures.
I adore my stocking and your sweet heart that you put into everything!

Thank you for stopping by to visit sweet friends!
xo's ~ Heidi

1 comment:

kana said...

You sure got a wonderful stocking and goodie package! I did that swap and love my stocking as well. I am excited about our swap with Danielle and it should be a good one. I see that you have Jenn's event button on your sidebar. Will you be attending? I am hoping to go.