Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Chenille-arella story

Finding yummy vintage textiles can be alot like a Cinderella story.
If the piece has holes or stains, it might get cast aside without a second glance.

Some pieces still have so much good left in them.  The holes and stains can be snipped off with plenty of great fabric left to use.

Take a second glance and look for the good.

This is a flea market bag I recently made, mixed with a hodgepodge of vitage fabrics.


Sorry for this terrible phone pic!
This is the girl in progress - flap and straps not yet attached.

I used a super soft vintage chenille blanket, pompom trim and a cotton damask tablecloth for the ruffle.



Inside, she is lined with a vintage sheet and the tablecloth for pockets.  Again, sorry for the poor phone pic, ha.



A little bibbity, bobbity, boo

I pinned a linen rosette and doily to the front.
I am not settled yet on which combination I want to use to adorn her but this is what I am going with for now.  What can I say, I am a bit fickle about some things.


This girl has plenty of room to tote whatever may be needed on flea market days ~ and then some!



Out of a crazy mix of fabrics, she is my favorite flea market bag.
Do you have any favorite fabric rescues?

Thank you for stopping by!
xo ~ Heidi

1 comment:

Andrea said...

She turned out just beautiful, Heidi!! I love the rosette accent on the front and the coordinating floral inside! Looks like a functional tote too! Great job, chica!