Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tag treasure

Dreaming of fall, I pulled out some chocolate freshwater pearls and pale grey glass Czech beads for some autumn inspiration.
 
(sidebar - YAY! college football!)
 
I wanted something with a little industrial chic edge ~ junky, yet still elegant?
 
 
 
I remembered I had an old locker tag I found while treasure hunting.
You know when something speaks to you ~ the right look, the right patina ~ treasure in the making
 
The locker tag became the base of a collector's pendant ~ rosary chain tag, Mary medal and rhinestone remnant
 

 
Originally, this was supposed to be a bracelet.
 
Tinkering and rearraging later . . .  
 
necklace it is.
 

 
Are you ready for pumpkin spice latte's, hoodie sweaters and college football?
 
Bring it!
 
xo ~ Heidi

9 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

yes I cant wait... your necklace turned out marvelous...hugs

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

I am SOOoooo Ready for fall! Wooooooooooooo PIG SOOIE! I'm ready to call the hogs! Had our first college ball game this weekend and won! Love it! Gorgeous necklace and perfect for cooler temps. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely necklace.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH! I LOVE this, Heidi...such fun pieces! You did a wonderful job!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Very pretty colors in the necklace. Labadorite?

Sugar Lump Studios said...

You make the most AMAZING jewelry....always gorgeous! I saw Kiera in a movie the other night - and she does look like you! :)

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOVE it .. and we are SO ready for some cooler weather. (())

Hope said...

Heidi I love the locker tags & the brown chunky fresh water pearls! It makes such a statement piece! I am loving the cool fall weather & actually got to wear a jacket & boots to our college football game today! Go Hoosiers!

Barbara Jean said...

What a great piece...
so glad we are new friends.

blessings
barb