Monday, November 1, 2010

A season of thankfulness


Where has the time gone this year?
It has flown by in a flurry of activity at our house!

I wanted to take a moment to celebrate one of my favorite seasons by sharing a few things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for . . .

The ability to see so I can enjoy my husband’s smile in his eyes


My children’s hands in mine

A disorderly pantry

Glitter ~ it can make even the simplest thing magical

My grandma’s sewing machine which I don’t use ~ I remember her using newspaper for patterns when she made my costumes for dance recitals

The best friends a girl could ever wish for

A home to make memories in {I guess this means I have to claim the dust bunnies too, lol}

My bloggy friends who inspire me and put up with my silly ramblings

Quiet mornings when I can cuddle my coffee cup before everyone wakes up

The use of my hands to give the people I love what is in my heart


What are some of the things you are most thankful for?
Thanks for sharing Sugahs!

xo's ~ Heidi





8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful to wake up each morning...to have a job to go to...to have a warm place to live and food to eat...thankful that my children and grandchildren are safe and sound...my heart is full.

Hearts Turned said...

What lovely things to be grateful for, Heidi! Love them all...thanks for sharing them and starting us off right with what this month is all about!

Happy first of November!

Julie

Heidi said...

Hi Heidi!
i love your thankful list!

Hugs from another Heidi!

Charlene said...

My home, my health, my husband & his health (that was touch & go this year), my sons, my Grands, & my most precious friends. YOU SWEET GIRL ARE CERTAINLY ONE OF THEM!!!! Where does time go? I haven't visited or talked to you in so long. BUT, I do think of you & smile. What fun we had together. What an amazing good luck I had having you as a roommate at Petticoats. Are you going to Jenn's event in October next year? I HOPE SO! Thank you for such a sweet post. HUGS!
Charlene

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Aww Heidi...you are the sweetest thing!!!!
:)
I couldn't have been more thankful about these lovely things myself!!!
Thanks for making me reflect~

Blessed Serendipity said...

Thankful for my faith in my sweet Lord.
Thankful for my family that I am blessed with.
Thankful for smiles and hugs and laughter.
Thankful for small sweet surprises.
Thankful for food and shelter and more than enough.

I found you through Jodie at everything vintage, and now follow you. Thank you for this wonderful post today.

-Danielle

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Thankful for each day, my precious family and blog buddies !

(())

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lovely post, Heidi! I just hopped over from Everything Vintage~ such sweet gifts you sent! I'm a new follower...