Monday, January 25, 2010

Small Treasures

Sometimes it is the small treasures that get me most excited. I had purchased a piece of chippy tin. It is beautiful and decorative on its own. However, I thought it would be sweet adorned with some satin ribbon. Using a Crop-A-Dile {love my CAD}, I punched two holes near the top to run the ribbon through. What do you think?

Here is a close up of the tile ~ I love its chippy patina.


I love to sew. I think this is why I seem to be drawn to sewing boxes and collectibles whenever I am on the hunt. What tools where the favorite of the women who sewed before me?

In one such sewing box, I found the sweetest alligator clip covered with felt mittens. I don't know what this was used for. But, the care taken to stitch something you might use everyday inspires me to treasure the small things and those things which bring me joy.

I love the graphics on this needle case. It seems everyday items were presented very artfully back then. Maybe it was because sewing was more important. Maybe it was because women were drawn to such pretty graphics! Some of us are still drawn to them today.

Here is a guide book for a Singer sewing machine. I like the colors and graphics. Hmm, could be a great foundation for a sewing ephemera project?

A peek at the inside . . . oooh!

Mixed with all of the items from the sewing case was this exceptionally beautiful needle case. The colors are such an inspiration for the next card or sewing project.

Check out the interior . . . WOW! It is in great condition.
I hope you have a joyful day and find some small treasures along the way.
(Ok, I am usually not this corny but the message is heartfelt just the same!)
xo's ~ Heidi

1 comment:

shabbyscraps said...

oh, the chippy tin is lovely!!
xoxo, Tiffany