Sunday, December 19, 2010

A sweet cottage Christmas

Joli Paquet hosted a vintage stocking swap, complete with some goodies.
I had been dreaming of making a stocking out of a vintage chenille blanket so this was the perfect opportunity to play with that and some of my favorite trims.

Cheryl, my swap partner, is a girl after my own heart.  She loves a soft palette: neutrals, pinks, taupes and aquas.  The result - a sweet cottage Christmas!



The rosette is one I made from the Carefree Rose tutorial which I purchased from Cassandra of My Artful Adventures.  Cassandra ezines offer great guidance and wonderful tips.  Stop by and send her hellos from me!



A vintage earring adorns the center.


On one of those epic flea market days, I encountered some old stock velvet ribbon and trims still on the cards.  Lush and lovely, I adhered it and a mother of pearl button to the top of my fabric image.


The fabric image I chose was a sweet, shabby angel with pink wings.

A little decorative trim coiled to make a dangle.


Love the "Love" lace!


Included in Cheryl's package are some vintage, vintage inspired and crafty treats!


Some hand dyed "strawberry parfait" crinkle ribbon - I had such fun making it!
Check out Tammy Tutterow's website for a link on how to make the ribbon.  She too has wonderful tutorials and classes!
Moving on to the crochet basket in the background -  this was a vintage find.  Someone had punched and crochted old Christmas card fronts together to make a basket.  This was the perfect container for some vintage treats.


More vintage textiles and a sweet burlap gift bag {complete with goodies!}.


Thank you Cerri and girls!
Not only was this a fun swap but I has also inspired me to make more stockings!


Thanks for stopping by sweet friends!
xo's ~ Heidi

I am linking this to





and


26 comments:

Rose Brier Studio said...

My mom knitted Christmas stockings for her kids when we were little, her sons & daughter-in-laws when we got married and all the grandkids when they were born. She's not up for knitting for the grand-in-laws, but she's promised she teach me how so I can carry on the tradition!

Your beautiful stocking reminded me of that great gift. Thanks so much for sharing.
~Marilee

sissie said...

What a sweet stocking. I love the "love" lace too!

Your swap gifts are very pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Olivia said...

Oh my goodness what a fabulous stocking! The rose is making me drool! Love it!
Hugs,
Olivia

Pamela Jane said...

Such a sweet stocking for your cottage Christmas decor! Hope it holds lots of holiday blessings!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Just beautiful and perfect for a cottage Christmas...
Stopping by to wish you and your family a very joyous and blessed Christmas.
(())

Cassandra said...

What a lovely stocking! I adore the colors! I am so glad you enjoyed the ezine! You did an awesome job! xo Cassandra

Elizabeth said...

That is beautiful! You did such a nice job. Love the rosette! Hoping you'll visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made With Love Monday! Wishing you a very blessed Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

What a beautiful stocking! The colors are right up my alley and all the goodies you received are wonderful too!!

Beth said...

have a wonderful christmas !! what a beautiful stocking you received !!
Beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

Holly Loves Art said...

Everything is soooo pretty! I just love the holiday stocking. Wow! Such a special one. Hope you're having a marvelous holiday season.
Cheers!
Holly

Little Pink Studio said...

Oh Heidi,
My Mom is going to LOVE this! You created such a beautiful stocking and looks like you filled it with some wonderful treats as well.
I can't wait to see it in person when I'm there on Christmas day. She's going to be so happy with this!
Merry Christmas!
Cerri xoxo

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Heidi,
The stocking turned out gorgeous!!! SO many lovely and sweet little bits! ;) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Hugs,Jenn

Storybook Woods said...

What a sweet stocking, well done!! Clarice

fairyrocks said...

Oh My your stocking is just Wonderful. Such careful attention to details.
Keep smiling and creating

Jeanie said...

This is just a treasure. It's sweet, lovely and truly, an heirloom!

My Blessed Serendipity Life said...

Sweet stocking with attention to detail. Lovely.

Danielle

Kris Pare said...

Your stocking came out lovely! Thank you for sharing.

Lena said...

I really like the way you've used some of the special things that so many of us save, and then never get around to using. Your projects are lovely.

Thank you for participating in the 'good stuff' challenge.

Lena

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

She must have loved it!

Thanks for showing your besties with us.

Recycled Rita said...

I love your stocking, it is so sweet! I also love that little birdcage decoration....I would definitely hoard that! hee! hee!

Something Special said...

I was also involved in that stocking swap. It was wonderful and i got a beautiful stocking filled with goodies. I absolutely love anything made with chenille. Love it!

Suz said...

Amazing things made from your besties! I think that stocking is just stunning! Clearly, it will be loved forever!!!

victoriantailor said...

So Pretty!! Makes me want to have Christmas right now.
Celeste, The Victorian Tailor

kluless said...

OOOOOOH - velvet ribbon, one of my favorites as well! Your rosettes with the button centers are wonderful.

Judy said...

LOVE all the bits you used. Such pretty embellishments. Thanks for sharing.

Holly Moore said...

Gorgeous! I love that it's Christmas and still my fav colors, tealy blues, pinks, and white. {sighing here, it's that pretty!} Such a perfect example of why it pays off to use the good stuff!