Friday, September 24, 2010

Vintage Charm Launch Party

As a girl who is enchanted with vintage style, I am excited to help "Creating Vintage Charm" launch their new magazine by participating in their Vintage Charm Launch Party!  If you love vintage inspired projects and luscious photos, this issue will not disappoint!  Please visit the other party goers listed HERE.


What inspires me?
Vintage fashion!  I love the intricate details and lush fabric used to create not only garments but works of art.


Cassie of My Artful Adventures offers wonderful ezines to inspire you to create your own works of art.
She is incredibly talented and one of the most sweetest people you will ever meet!
This is a rose brooch I created using one of her tutorials.


Layers of chiffon, tulle and lace ~ what more could a girl love?!
For the center, I used a vintage button {yes girls, I thought is was a brooch too but soon realized it was a large button}.


The wonderful thing about using vintage components in your wardrobe is that you will have something unique to impart your own personal style.

Need a quick style fix?
I popped a blingy clip-on earring to one of my chains ~ voila, vintage pendant ~ fast fashion!


Does sparkly make you happy?
It makes me happy!

A pile of pretty brooches on a lovely plate makes for sweet decor.


I love thinking outside of the box on how to use the things I love in different ways.
In addition to using brooches as napkin ring clips, you can group them on a tee or jacket
for some sassy style!


With Halloween approaching, some onyx brooches would be spooky sweet!
{might have to do a post on that!}
I don't mind that the pearl one is missing some stones.  I like the look of something that has been used and  well loved.


Here is a close up of one of my favorites.


Upcycling ~ you know me right?  I love finding things I can give a new life to.
I "rescued" a chenille blanket from a thrift store and decided to make this shabby sweet tote.

I used bamboo handles from a local craft store.
However, you can also upcycle the handles on old vintage purses that may be headed for the donation box.


What to embellish with . . . ??
How about some vintage crochet trim with an old clip-on earring?
{yes, some of you will be looking at clip-on earrings in a whole new way, lol!}

I stitched a few stitches to tack down the earring so if I want to reuse it somewhere else later I can.
This will also enable me to change the center of the flower should I want to wear a different color.


Speaking of upcycling, . . . .

I am using these darling glasses as tea light holders on a silver tray.

Do you have pretty dishes you adore?

Pull them out and enjoy them in a fun way!


I love going out for latte's with my girlfriends.  Those are treasured times.
I created a little bank that I can use to toss in extra coins for those special times.


I loved experimenting with paper paint on this project!
If you love the little boy image, you can find collage sheets and other fun mixed
media goods at Collage Stuff.  They have swoon worthy dresden scraps and yummy paper bits!


I think I need a vintage jewelry bank too.
What kind of bank would you love {need} to have?


Thank you for visiting me at the Vintage Charm launch party!
Visit the other sweet bloggers who joined the party HERE.


Life is in the details ~ make them sweet ;-)


Thank you for stopping by my Sugahs!
xo's ~ Heidi

10 comments:

Sonia said...

Oh, Heidi, I think your latte fairy is just too cute and I love the idea. I need me a latte fairy too!! Your post is just lovely.
Thank you so much for celebrating with me.
Hugs!!
Sonia

A Cottage Muse said...

Love the rosettes! Your blog is great, so glad I stopped by!

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

Beautiful things Heidi !
hmmm... I need a bank that is already FILLED with money LOL.

(())
Francie

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Hi Heidi,
I'm in love with your chenille blanket bag...so chic, and I love anything that blings and shines like those onyx brooches, great post I've enjoyed my stay.,,thanks!

xxx
Kirstie.

Faith Hope Cherrytea ~ said...

LiKinG your creativity !
thx for sharing & partying!
teai is on at FHC ~

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Your "Vintage Charm" is so sweet! I love your vintage brooches!

Hugs,
Maryjane

The Shanty Girl said...

Hi, just stopping by have to say I love how you took several beautiful broaches and added to a plain white tee shirt, I will have to do that on a jeans and boots day. Loved your post!!
Sherry

Janet Bernasconi said...

Love all those brooches! They add such an elegant touch to outfits. Love all your pictures and your blog is pretty too. It's nice to meet you. Come on over for a visit.
XO
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Olivia said...

Oh my heavens your vintage creations are truly heavenly! It is so inspirational I am ready to start crafting right now! Love it!
Hugs,
Olivia

Mary Ellen said...

Heidi I am so very glad you came by my blog and said "hi"!! I got to discover your charming space here!!

You are so right- I will never look at clip earrings the same way again! Clipping on a necklace- what a great idea!! Love the rosettes also and your latte bank is too cute!!

I am becoming a follower so I can see more of your wonderful inspiration!

bee blessed
mary